Walk around the stage, and think of the last time someone got you really pissed, to the point where you just couldn't stand their presence you were so livid.
This is more or less what Luke told us to do today. This was the easy part.
"Tell me what you where you were going, what made you so angry."
This is what I couldn't handle. I was so taken aback when Luke threw this curveball at me. Why couldn't I manage to be a sane person, reign in my emotions, and give him an answer without bursting into tears? The combination of the question and the memory sought after my heart and made sure to tear it apart was the most disturbing thing about it.
Tommy wasn't there, screaming obscenities in my face. So what made it feel like he was? Why, hours later, I'm still thinking about how real it was and that it's making me squirm in my seat as I type this.
Why was the Hurt so Real?
"Why was the Hurt so Real?"
ReplyDeleteBecause the hurt WAS real. And because you are a sensitive artist type! And I mean that as a compliment.
Emotions happen when we are caught off guard. They are a logical reaction when we cannot process something logically. They are "thinking" with our bodies when we cannot think with our minds.
Emotions are nothing to be embarrassed about. They are an essential part of your make-up, and yours are functioning fine.
Class next week won't be such an upheaval, I promise!
I appreciate your honesty, and bravery, in posting this.
Luke