Well, we're into our second week of intensives...
Is anyone else ridiculously tired, but kind of loving it? Just me? Okay.
Anyways, playwriting has both been a great deal of fun and a challenge for me. Mostly a challenge, now that I think about it. But a side effect of all this practicing is actually getting better.
...Or so I thought.
Having Luke tell us what to write about, and then giving us a few periods to bang it out is good. It's productive, and overall made for a good product. But as soon as my reigns were loosened, things are starting to fall apart. I'm feeling as if I've returned to square one, as if all that work that was completed last week has just gone down the drain.
I know I can do this.
I know I can get better.
There's no way in hell I'm letting these last two weeks go to waste.
It's time to really kick it into high gear.
No no no! Don't confuse a temporary plateau with going backwards! Yes, the reins were loosened (please note correct spelling... doh!) and you reacted as expected (you slacked a bit), but that is one of the important things you've to learn in this intensive, which is how to apply pressure to yourself, and how pressure and deadlines are helpful.
ReplyDeleteI think you've grown tremendously in the, what, week and a half we've been doing this? Tremendous growth. Good use of your considerable talent. Some lovely scripts accomplished.
Warm Regards,
Luke