Sunday, September 23, 2012

Question Set Number Two.

1.How much time did you spend working?
     -I spent maybe, five or so hours writing (counting all that writing I ended up not using), and then about a hour and a half to two hours rehearsing, which was all I needed to feel pretty comfortable with the script.

2. How much time did you spend thinking about the work - sort of sitting there and staring at it, or listening to it over and over again, etc.?
    -Oh man, I spent a lot of time doing this. I'd give that a good two hours. I would go home and just read it over and over and over again, or say it over and over and over again. 


3. How much time did you spend doing other stuff that seems like work to that make you think you're working but you're not?
     -I don't think a whole lot. Every once in a while I would go back to reword sentences, usually just so I felt better about the way it flowed, which isn't usually necessary until the end. But I would be in the middle of writing and have to go back on fix it. I would also stop writing and watch the Delta Spirit music video over and over again, to give me something that I was looking for, but it never really helped all that much. It kind of wasted time.
4. How much time did you spend socializing?
     -The first day I spent very little time socializing. I sat and wrote. And it worked. The second, I slacked a little, but I still got some stuff done in class and a little more at home. Third day, I worried. I frantically wrote for some of class, but for most of it I tried to keep my mind off that project. Fourth day, I buckled down, and tried to do what I wanted to do, but just realized there wasn't enough time. So then I really shut myself up and worked on plan B.


5. How did you use your community?
     -I didn't use too much community on this project. I just used Anika and Jess and constant sounding boards because I was very unsure of all of this. So whenever I would write something, or even read something, I would have them listen, and they were both extremely understanding of it all.


6. Rip apart your awful project and how did such a disaster happen?
     -This project was nowheres near what it could have been. If I got my butt into gear a bit more, I could have pulled off that video I wanted to in the beginning. But since I couldn't even get through the writing portion, there was no way I would be able to it. And it made me so disappointed in myself. It could have been so much more, there could have been so much more substance there. The monologue was not the best, and I admit to that. It was almost standard but not quite. The acting could have been a bit more if I would learn how to control my voice, and my nerves. I have to stop getting so nervous over everything.


7. You've completed a step on your path. What is your next step?
     -The next step? I want there to be more acting, in fact, I want to learn the mechanics of scripts. I remember one day last year during the intensives, the writers sat in on one of the acting classes and we did some tablework with them. I want to start learning about that, and just act more in general and not go so blindly into things anymore. That's what acting has always been for me, that sense of  "here's a script, now read". I want more than that, I want to not feel lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment